Monday, April 23, 2012

A Happy Ending

Oh No! Time to Go! A Book of Goodbyes
Rebecca Doughty
(Schwartz and Wade/Random House, 2009)
“If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story.” ~ Orson Welles

Dear Jacket Knack readers,

Deirdre, Patti and I have decided to suspend postings on Jacket Knack indefinitely. While our interest in children's book cover design hasn't diminished in the least, the time we have available to devote to this beloved blog has. You know how it is. Life and stuff.

On behalf of all of us, I extend a sincere thank you to all of our readers, subscribers, contributers and commenters. Your company made this a great trip!

--CB

"In the hope to meet
Shortly again, and make our absence sweet."
 ~Ben Jonson

6 comments:

  1. Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

    I'm being melodramatic, but I love this blog. But I totally understand Life and Stuff, as I'm sure the rest of your readers do, too. I wish the three of you the best, and you will all be missed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support, Covergirl! We appreciate your support and contributions to our blog through the years. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, shoot! I was just about to send Carol yet another link about YA covers. Well, I'll just do it some other way. Thanks for the effort you put into this over the last few years. It was fun to be part of it when I had the time, too.

    Here's that link, if anybody reading this wants to take a look:
    http://www.stackedbooks.org/2012/04/cover-trends-female-body.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dierdre, Patti and Carol, I completely understand about time and life and Stuff, but oh, I will miss your lovely blog. If you ever feel like yakking about book jackets or other bookish matters over at Writing With a Broken Tusk, please know that you'll always be welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sad to hear that your blog has come to an end. I always liked looking at what you had found cover-wise. Best of luck in your future endeavors and thank you for all the pleasure you brought your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hate to see this go. I have thoroughly enjoyed your outlook and conversations. I understand the time thing.

    ReplyDelete