Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fantasy Favorites

As I perused the covers of many new releases for 2011, I started to make a list. When I reviewed my selections, I chastised myself for picking so many YA fantasy covers. Then, face-palm... hello. There's a reason I'm the "fantasy correspondent." So, never mind everything else. Here are my fantasy favorites for 2011.

I've been eyeing this one up for a while... wondering if I could work it into a post. The contrast between the translucent and solid body on this caught my attention, along with the shading of the sky and the water. Beautiful!


Published June 7th 2011 by HarperCollins

This one is simple yet eye catching. I love the way the light seems to shine through the egg.

Published April 26th 2011 by Balzer + Bray

I would love a dozen of these roses. (Could someone please let my husband know?) The bright colors on the deep black background draws me in.


Published March 8th 2011 by Simon Pulse



Published June 2nd 2011 by Orchard

No, not just because my favorite color is purple. On first glance, I thought this face was underwater. Then I focused on grass--or hair--or vines. I can't decide what is twisting its way across this cover, but I like the effect.


For some reason, I love eyes on book covers. Are we supposed to see one on this middle grade cover? The elements come together to give the impression of an eye...

Published June 21st 2011 by Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

I've enjoyed this year in book covers, and I hope you, Dear Readers, have too. Wishing you all a very happy 2012!

-PLB

No comments:

Post a Comment