Monday, September 19, 2011

No Lies



Carol sent me this adorable cover and suggested I do a spread on Pinocchio jackets. As a result, this week's JacketKnack post will be eleven and a half pages long because there are soooooo many Pinocchio covers to choose from. I found dozens upon dozens of renditions of this little wooden boy. Without further ado, here's Pinocchio...


...circa 1926.


...with Robin Williams as Gepetto!


(Sterling Publishing,February 2008)

...as a pop-up book...

(Blue Ribbon Books, c1932)

...in the UK...

(Penguin UK, 2011)

and ... en francais!


(Les Requins Marteaux/Ferraille, 2009)

There are so many faces of this lovable little wooden boy.

A modern version:

(Candlewick, 2003)


A not-so-modern version:

(Wonder Books, 1954)
A dark Pinocchio:

(Tor Books, 2002)

Even Pinocchio, the action hero!

(Zenescope Entertainment, 2010)


I can appreciate the many interpretations of this story, originally written in 1883 by Italian author Carlos Collodi. So many variations, so many twists...

But Pinocchio the Vampire Slayer? Really?

I tell you no lies.

(Published by Slave Labor, 2009)

-PB

3 comments:

  1. Pinocchio the Vampire Slayer made my day. Extra bonus...my library has a copy. Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure. Vampires and zombies are "where it's at!"

    -PB

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful idea! do it again with other classic stories! love the different interpretations!

    ReplyDelete