Monday, August 1, 2011

To Chase the Glowing Hours . . .

I, Emma Freke by Elizabeth Atkinson
(CarolRhoda, 2010)
"The earth is my body; my head is in the stars." ~ Maude

This week's theme: Covers which defy gravity. Feel free to join in with your own lofty cover recommendations in the comments.

Cromwell Dixon's Sky-Cycle
by John Abbott Nez, a non-fiction picture book
(Putnam, 2009)
Flying! by Kevin Luthardt
(Peachtree, 2009)
Willoughby and the Moon by Greg Foley
(HarperCollins, 2010)
The Summer I Learned to Fly
by Dana Reinhardt
(Wendy Lamb Books, 2011)
 More visions of the celestial sphere:

Blackout by John Rocco
(Hyperion, 2011)
Cloud Boy by Rhode Montijo
(Simon and Schuster, 2006)
And for a little twist on this theme, how about a "grounded" angel?

The Beautiful Dead: Book One, Jonas
by Eden Maguire
(Sourcebooks, 2010)

1 comment:

  1. The Summer I Learned to Fly is my favorite. Silhouettes appeal to me and the dusk hours during the summer are magical.

    ReplyDelete