Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Your Favorites of 2010

Reader picks for the best children's and young adult book covers of the year:


Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves (Simon Pulse, 2010)

The Firefly Letters by Margarita Engle (Henry Holt, 2010)

Freefall by Mindi Scott (Simon Pulse, 2010)

Where I Belong by Gillian Cross (OUP Oxford UK, 2010)

When the Stars Go Blue by Caridad Ferrer (St. Martin's, 2010)

The Kid Table by Andrea Seigel (Bloomsbury, 2010)

Toads and Diamonds by Heather Tomlinson  (Henry Holt, 2010)

More, more, more! Tell us your favorites (and thanks to Tanita and Julie for these!). Let's see some picture books, too.

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome covers! I'm posting mine later on this month, and The Kid Table is one of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Toads and Diamonds -- it's an example of a trend I thought I saw this year: book cover with intricate patterns (like henna painting), swirls and arabesques and such. Luxurious excess. Hey, that cover girl--send us the link when you post your faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got my favorites of 2010! They're here: http://thatcovergirl.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/five-x-2-great-covers/

    You should check out PSnark's FIVE challenge -- today's challenge is covers, I've clicked on all of the links in Mr. Linky. Reading about everyone's favorite YA covers is like my personal little CHRISTMAS!

    http://www.persnicketysnark.com/2010/12/five-challenge-great-covers.html

    ReplyDelete