Monday, May 24, 2010

Reader Faves, Part II

More of our readers' favorite children's book covers:

From Deirdre M.--

Courage to Fly by Troon Harrison, illustrated by Zhong-Yang Huang (Red Deer Press)


and, Verdi by Janell Cannon (Harcourt Brace)


Deirdre says, "Here are two that I love for the same reason: they draw you in. Both characters are looking right at you in that certain way and you can't help but open the book and find out their stories."

From Bev P.--

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin (FSG)




From Chandra--

This version of Anne of Green Gables (did I get the right one, Chandra?):



She says, "It's not the most artistic, but I'd be lying if I didn't pick it as my favorite! My battered copy is a testament and I recall just staring at the cover through out my multiple reads over the years." (I feel the same way about Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret)

also, Little Red Riding Hood by Trina Schart Hyman (Holiday House) (or anything by her.)
And from the inimitable Julie Larios we have--

The Friskative Dog
by Susan Straight (Knopf)


Love these covers! Thanks, everyone. We'll do this again sometime soon, so keep your eyes peeled for covers you (or your kids) can't resist.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still working on my post! I hope to have it up tomorrow. I love this series, keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete